July 11, 2012

I haven't neglected you, promise!

At the beginning of the year I made a resolution to update the blog at least once a month. I was doing well too. About June though...

Last year I disappeared for a bit because of exam prep and University applications, and last month I received all the decisions. After weighing all my options I have decided to accept an offer to do my degree at a University in New England.

Yeah, what a drastic change, right? From the Caribbean to New England...

I'm not looking forward to the weather so much, but I am happy with my decision.

With all that said, it's been a whirlwind of activity. I haven't had time to cook much, much less write any posts. I tweeted a while back about these amazing make-ahead oatmeal shakes that I have for breakfast on crazy mornings and promised to share the method with you guys. Since then I've seen half a dozen posts about the same idea on other blogs (I still have a secret little surprise kick to mine though, so I'm not discouraged)

I'm saying goodbye to the tiny apartment I've called home for the past year and a half, and moving back to my parents' house to get ready for school. I guess I'm going to miss my kitchen a bit, but it's mainly the freedom I have in it. My mother has an amazing kitchen, but it's not MINE... if you get what I mean. (She reads my blog, I can't say that she's controlling... Hi Mommy!)

I'll (hopefully) have a few weeks of peace after I'm back home and not running off to work every day, so I will definitely take the opporunity to write some posts and share some really great recipes I've discovered or made over the two months.

*Spoiler Alert! These recipes include a jerk sausage and herb goat cheese pizza! Sooooo good!!*


Until then, read my Avateur Lasagna recipe from last year this time. The pictures were terrible (my phone again) but that scallion pesto in place of the ricotta was a stroke of genius.. if I do say so myself :)

Thanks for stopping by!!

-The Avateur Chef


1 comment:

  1. I'd like to invite you to join our site www.erecipe.com . I really enjoy your blog and recipes and I think the over 8,000 unique daily visitors to eRecipe will too.
    By joining eRecipe, we will provide the Nutrition Facts for every recipe you post in which you could customize and add to your blog. Viewers need and love to know the nutritional facts. Its a free service that we offer to blogs and recipes we really love. It looks professional and your members will love it.
    Simply visit www.erecipe.com or contact me at michelle@erecipe.com. We look forward having you in our network!

    ReplyDelete